Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nolan - Color Field


This is my Color Field self portait. The original picture is actually a senior picture from a couple years ago. All of the effects in this picture (the neon effect and distortion) were done with powerpoint but can be done in photoshop as well. In this picture I didn't exactly know what to do, so I came to the conclusion that this self portrait needed to just be simple and basic, just like most of the paintings from this art era. What I have done is just simplified the lines and the background to make the original photo resemble something closer to the effect of abstract expresionaism instead of color field, but the two are very close together and usually go hand in hand. I felt the red was suitable for this because red is a vibrant color and many of the pieces that are seen in the color field era have color that seems to "pop" out from the canvas, which is what I feel is happening here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment