Thursday, September 15, 2011

'Close at Hand' by Stephanie Easterly

This is my self portrait done in the installation style. I created a 3D box out of paper to represent a gallery room. On the walls of the gallery I would paint my thumb print along with all the places I want to go later in my life. Travel has always been a big part of my life. I was on a traveling volleyball team for 7 years during my middle school and high school years. I have been all over the USA but unfortunately I have never been over seas. Later in life I would love to travel more and leave my mark in many different countries. I thought the title 'Close at Hand' worked really well for this piece of art because the phrase 'close at hand' is used to explain something in your grasp ahead of you or in the future. Also, fingerprints relate to your hand just as the title relates to my work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment